Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Big Girl

We finally moved Reagan to a big girl bed. I think this was much more traumatic for me than it was on her. Seriously...the first night in her big girl bed winded down with her rubbing my face telling me "It's okay, Mommy" as I'm boohooing at how quickly she's grown up. Hormones anyone??
I was so excited for the big reveal and had Ben occupy Reagan while I got all of the finishing touches together for the surprise. I had my video camera rolling, anxiously waiting for a happy squeal as she saw her new room. What I got...walks in...turns around and says "I go finish watching Dora." For real kid?! Ugh...She's done a fantastic job adjusting to the freedom though and sleeps with about 5 stuffed animals and 5 baby dolls plus 4 pillows. She still just looks so tiny in that big bed. Even with the big girl bed, she still LOVES to nap in our bed. Whatever, nap and we're good.
The last night in her crib. Mommy was very sad...

...obviously I was the only sad one...

Her new big girl room!



We moved the crib into the guest room and I couldn't help but have flashbacks to when we put the crib together in Reagan's nursery. I remember walking by at night and peeking in and thinking how crazy it will be when there's actually a baby in there. Now I can't believe my baby no longer fits in there and another is on the way. While I feel Raleigh move like crazy all the time, I'm not sure reality has set in quite yet. This pregnancy could not be more different than Reagan's. With Reagan I noticed every kick, punch and roll and with this pregnancy I tend to forget I'm even pregnant until contractions kick in after a busy day chasing a 2 year old. Ben and I laugh at how with Reagan she had a full blown nursery complete with a chandelier, wallpaper, custom bedding, etc. This poor kid has a crib in the corner of the guest room. Haha...oh well. I'm the 2nd child and Ben is the 3rd and we both survived. Good luck little Raleigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment